View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 08:56 PM   #1
kumasmommy
Yorkie Talker

Unhappy New Owner, Puppy sick

I purchased a yorkie from what I thought was a reputable breader who was recommended to me now I'm not so sure.... Kuma is 8 wks old and weighs approx 1pd.

I picked up Kuma last Sunday the 29th. Realized on Monday he had fleas...washed with Dawn...fleas are gone. The last two days he seemed to be sleeping alot. Early this morning his poop changed from hard dark brown poop to light brown runny and now is mostly mucus tinged with a little blood. He doesn't seem to be eating or drinking much and I am very concerned I also noticed three little spots on his tummy tonight, one of them is a little raw (is that from the fleas that he had??) He was walking funny on and off tonight ...can't think of another way to explain it but like he was trying to keep from pooping as he walked..

I have tried contacting the breeder and she will not answer my calls/texts. I don't have any experience with a dog this young or this small but I am determined to give him a better life that what I know believe he came from He has an appointment tuesday for his next round of vaccines but I don't think I should wait until then....

Any info would be appreciated... is this normal after weaning (the poop changing) I don't know if he is pooping a bit of blood or it's from having such hard poop before.

Very worried
kumasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!