View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
hnybun128
I ♥ Maci & Mojo
Donating Member

Default Considering a new addition

So an opportunity has presented itself for me to get an AKC chocolate lab puppy in the near future. I've always loved these dogs and have always wanted one. I've been considering this for some time now and would have actually gotten one before the yorkies if it hadn't been for my son's aversion to large dogs at the time (he'd been around his cousin's lab mix who was out of control and constantly jumped on him and basically attacked him).

I do have a full household with 2 yorkies and 4 kitties, but I've been surprised by some negative reactions I've received when discussing this with a few people. All my babies are just that, my babies. Each and every 4 legged member of my family is spoiled and doted on. Everyone is fully vetted. My home is clean and smell free. Is there something wrong with getting another dog? I'm curious as to why people think this is too much? Growing up, we always had 2 or 3 dogs, a cat, bunnies, ducks, hamsters, fish, birds, etc. I know many people that have multiple small dogs. Is it because I'm considering a large breed? My BFF's sister who manages a vet's office has 2 pits, a chihuahua, and 6 cats. When you walk into her house, you'd never know she has any pets! I guess I measure myself against her, like as long as she has more pets, I'm OK. LOL

Anyway, I know adding another family member would be a lot of work, but they are such wonderful dogs and I have always wanted one. I guess I'm just putting my thoughts in writing here, but what are other's opinions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tea%20puppies%203%20%208-1-12.jpg (95.7 KB, 14 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!