View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 04:08 AM   #7
mimodok
Senior Yorkie Talker

Mishka is 12 weeks and 4 days old. I do have her pee pee pad in only one location, where I intend to have it permanently. So I am trying to teach her where to go but also what to go on.

I always praise her when she uses the bathroom on her pee pee pad and occasionally offer her a treat. Even with all the praise, after hearing it for so many weeks she kind of looks it me like "Yeah Mom, I peed on the pad, chill out." Right now if she doesn't use the bathroom in the correct place, I just clean it up without praise or punishment. Should I do something different when she pees in the wrong place?

I will try getting her a dog litter pan like you described. I was going to try using one anyway. I thought it would be best to wait until she was mostly trained to use the pee pee pads without one first. But, I'm sure she'll figure it out.

I guess I will try encouraging her to play and lay down on the rugs, etc. Maybe this will help her understand that their function is not as a bathroom. Although puppies sometimes do all that behavior on their pee pee pad too, so we'll see how that goes.
mimodok is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!