View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
iheartdessert
Yorkie Yakker

Sun Puppy Lemon Law in California

I only had my puppy for 1.5 weeks and she's been in and out of the vets and currently has been in the pet hospital for 4 days now. The first night we had her she wouldn't eat and had a few episodes of vomiting so we had to rush her to the pet hospital. She was diagnosed with giardia, coccidia, and perhaps an inflamed pancreas. I got her from a breeder and seeing as I had to take her to the hospital the day after I got her, I'm certain that I received a puppy that was already sick. I signed a contract and everything stating that if the puppy has giardia or coccidia, it is not guaranteed since it is a common issue. Well, now I'm just frustrated because I feel like I'm stuck in a situation where of course I love my puppy and will do anything for her, but I feel a little mislead that she was "healthy" when I got her. I almost feel as though maybe the breeder knew that she was sick and just didn't mention anything. Anyways, I came across this puppy lemon law and was wondering if anyone has had any success with it? I know I signed a contract and in any event that the puppy has some sort of hereditary or genetic defects I am suppose to return it and they will give me a new one. Of course I don't want to return my puppy, what would be nice is some help financially from the breeder to cover some of these vet bills which are $3,000+ now. Please help!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!