View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
elilly
Yorkie Talker

Default 1 month ago today

1 month ago today, July 1, 2012, my husband and I sadly walked back into our house without our precious Simon. It has been such a hard month adjusting to life without our puppy.

Sadly, last month at 7:00pm, while getting ready for our evening walk, Simon tried to jump up on the couch and missed his footing, fell back and hit the corner of the coffee table. I turned around to find him laying limp on the floor. I picked him up and put him on the couch thinking he was simply "knocked out". Soon after, his tongue turned purple and my husband and I scooped him up and rushed the 5 minutes to the ER. Upon arrival, he did not have a heartbeat. They did emergency cpr and pumped him full of medicine to try and bring him back. They were successful at reviving him. They took x-rays to try and see if there was a break or fracture and they found nothing. My poor baby was paralyzed and could only move his eyeballs. It was so sad to see him laying in the cage in the ER not moving. After a consultation with the neurologist, we came to the hardest decision to put him down. There was no evidence that he would ever recover from his injury. My husband and I couldn't bear to see him laying so helpless.

It was the hardest decision we have ever had to make. Our Simon was only 1 year and 7 months old. He had a great short life. He was such an amazing dog. We will never find another dog like him.
elilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!