View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 04:47 PM   #40
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

It might be worth your while to make an appointment for a consultation with a lawyer. A lawyer could give you advise and may even agree to write the letter to the board for you. A consult fee varies in price according to the lawyer but it is not usually a huge fee. You can call around and ask the receptionist the fee. Usually a letter from a lawyer carries a bit more weight than only from the individual.

No, you will never know for sure what would have happened if he had surgery sooner but the fact is it was put off because this vet wanted to go by her protocol. He was a small dog and an experienced vet should know that a small dog cannot compensate like a large one can.

I tend to advise people with really small dogs to find a vet that has experience with the extra small dogs. People who deal mostly with larger animals tend to take chances that a small baby cannot afford.

You do what you have to do. No matter what happens with the vet you will know you did what you could to try to prevent someone else going though such an experience. You did what you could for your little guy. He knows that. He is not suffering now and I'm sure he does not want you to continue to blame yourself or keep going through torment about this. Most of us have lost someone, human or pet, in painful circumstances. It takes time to let go but let go we must. I pray that God will give you peace in this situation and that you will soon be able to start the healing process.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!