View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
Patti
Donating YT 30K Club Member

Default Nikki is not doing well

Please keep Nikki in your prayers. He has had trouble walking and very unsteady on his feet. He is barely eating and just failing. I took him to the vet today and he is running a fever of 104 and his Bun and Creatine were higher than they were 3 weeks ago. Some of his other labs were abnormal too. His stool had white cells in it too. His back legs are not reflexing back after the vet puts them behind him. More so on the left which is the side he falls over on. She gave him a shot of Baytril to get a quick blast of antibiotics in him and pills for the rest of the week, something for his stomach and Metacam for his severe arthritis in his spine. He is such a sweet heart never cries or show any sign of pain but I know he isn't doing well. The vet said It's a Hail Mary and all we can do is see if we can get him turned around to where he was a week ago. I will never keep him alive if he is suffering but right now we feel he is pretty comfortable most of the time. I just can't go through another loss right now so Please keep him in your prayers. On top of everything else my sister who I see every day and do all kinds of things with just sold her house and is moving to Tennessee. So if you could say an extra prayer for me I'd appreciate it as I am having a very difficult time. Thanks

Here's Nikki in the Cloud Nine bed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0757.jpg (49.7 KB, 112 views)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!