View Single Post
Old 09-23-2004, 09:39 AM   #7
liz1128
Yorkie Talker

here's another picture of diddy. this was the first day i brought him home from the breeder on july 27. i got him when he was barely 8 weeks old. he was so scared and missing his mom and littermates. for the first few weeks he cried so much in the pen and in his crate. now he sleeps next to my bed in his crate and he is fine. he is so sweet. he always sleeps on my lap with his little head on my hand. he is really smart too. he pottys on the pad most of the time and is doing great with crate training. i am trying to work on having him go potty outside. he will pee sometimes but not poop outside. u guys have any ideas with transitioning to outside? i tried bringing the pad outside but it didn't work. also, i am having trouble with the leash. he needs to get used to it more because he tends to stop and smell everything on the ground and will not move. i work from 8 to 5 everyday but am able to come home at lunch to feed him. he knows sit, shake, and go potty. now the only things he needs to work on is no bite. he is getting the hang of it. although he loves attacking my fingers, toes, and clothes. i replace those with his nylabone. also, he is working on no growl, no cry, and no bark. he is greatly progressing. other behaviors he needs work on is eating his poop and humping. i usually take away his poop right afterwards so he has no access and as far as humping i tell him no. he starts his puppy kindergarten at petsmart tomorrow so hopefully it'll help. as far as his health he is ok except that he has ear mites and he is getting treatment. also, he has an umbilical hernia and undescended testicles which he will probably go into surgery when he is neutered when he turns 1 in june. i hope all goes well with that. i've gotten so attached to him. he has brightened up life and brought me joy.
Attached Thumbnails
introducing diddy-diddy.jpg  
liz1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!