View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 08:56 AM   #33
jp4m2
Love my Boys
Donating Member

I see what your saying about you having to collect the monetary award....Years ago we sued a person who hit and ran from hitting our car. We won the judgement but when it came time to collect we found out that was a whole different set of problems. It's one thing to win a case it's another trying to collect the judgement. In our case with the car it was up to us to find out where this person worked, then we would have to go back to court and try to attach his wages with a garnishment. If the person was a job hopper we would end up chasing him from job to job until the end of time.

You would think the courts would order him to provide this info, but when it come to courts what you think and what is actuality are two different things. We never did collect from this person because he was a job hopper. If the person is responsible as in the case of the vet you have much better odds of collecting. Most of the time a person like the vet will just pay you to make you go away.

No, I never contacted the vet, I saw no reason to. I wanted him to be surprised when he received the papers...he would just deny everything anyway. If I had called and demanded he return all my money that would mean he was admitting responsibility for the death, he would never do that. By paying me after filing he was saying he just wanted the case to go away and he wanted to make me happy.....
jp4m2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!