View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 08:51 AM   #9
KimInMD
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Wow, thank you all. I am sitting here in tears. Your words have touched my heart so much. Corey has mesial temporal lobe sclerosis epilepsy. It was caused by illness and high fever after his DPT baby shot. They removed 3 sections of brain last August, and left behind two very small damaged pieces that were too dangerous to take. Though there was nothing to feed them, the tiny, damaged pieces have built new neuropathways, like tentacles, to healthy brain (like Kathy- kjc) was saying. Unfortunately, they then began to corrupt the healthy brain and cause multiple seizures in the healthy brain. Though dangerous, drs. will remove the 2 sm. damaged parts tomorrow. The million dollar question is whether or not the neuropathways will quiet down or will they continue to misfire without the damaged parts. The last surgery they did not quiet down, but took on a life of their own, but hopefully, this time will be different. The further drs. move into dangerous parts of the brain, the more problems can result, but we have no options at this point, as more good brain is being corrupted each day. Corey will be 24 on this Saturday. I am choosing to believe that this birthday is going to be the beginning of a brand new, healthy life, and a future with a career, girlfriends, driving license, and the joy of independent living, away from the watchful eyes of your parents. Thank you all for standing with me in this belief. You guys are awesome. Mamas always understand!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!