View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 08:03 AM   #5
courtney1121
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Not sure about clothes cause my Geno gets himself naked anytime I put on a t-shirt or tank top...I still try putting them on him regardless. I would appreciate some tips as well.

For the brushing, maybe just slowly introduce the brush or comb to her. Let her sniff it so she can see what it's all about. Then put it away. Later, bring it back out again. Let her sniff it, lick it, whatever, then slowly try brushing her on areas that are fairly easy to brush. Put it away and bring it back out again, let her look at it, then brush those easy areas and slowly start moving towards the tummy. We learned that if we slowly introduce brushes and combs to our boy, that he eventually won't resist it as much. He still today is fussy when we bring out the brush but he doesn't resist it as much as he used to. I also got this detangler called Cowboy Magic that you put a little bit on the knotted areas, and just slowly work it out with a comb. Once she gets accustomed to brushing, and you brush her frequently, you won't have to worry too much about matted areas. You should also see if your groomer offers puppy grooms which is basically getting them accustomed to getting groomed. They brush them and trim up the paws/ears/nails/face. It helped us since we trusted that our groomer knew what they were doing so eventually Geno stopped getting cranky during brushings.

Join today and remove this ad!