Thread: Embarassed,
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 07:47 AM   #10
courtney1121
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Welcome to YT! You remind me of my mom years ago. She was terrified of the computer and always bugging me and my sisters to help her - mostly bugging me which is funny cause I am extremely impatient with her and always end up getting frustrated. I told her, "mom it's just a computer, it won't eat you! calm down!"

There was a time when she was scared to press the Off button if the computer froze. I calmed her down though by telling her it's sort of like driving. Sometimes you need to be a little agressive when people don't know what they are doing on the road. Same thing with the computer. When the computer doesn't know what the heck it's doing, it's ok to press buttons, bang on the keyboard/mouse, whatever. hahah Obviously it's a lot safer than being agressive while driving but eventually she stopped worrying about messing the computer up and like 10 years later, she has a laptop of her own that she beats the crap out of and isn't scared of pressing/clicking on things...which kind of backfires cause she always clicks on links that give her viruses and I have to reinstall her windows a lot haha Then I have to tell her, "If it looks fishy, smells fishy, it's probably fishy so don't cilck on it. Clicking on a link that says you'll get a $100 gift card to Target is way too good to be true so don't click it" haha

Join today and remove this ad!