View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #13
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
Ultrasound is not usually used to diagnose obstructions.
It would be good to get a statement by the diagnosing vet, but not all vets woud be willing to speak against their colleagues like that.

The board should open an investigation. the vet was wrong about when to do more testing or surery. Unfortunately, that really is not uncommon.
She can request the written report, usually one is drawn up by the surgeons and sent to the general vet.

Also for the OP. Write down everything now! Journal it with days and times and symptoms. Write down what you told the vet on all your visits, timing of phone calls you made to the office,etc.

I would also request (if you don't have them) all your dog's medical records from the general vet. Just a note; nothing gets done on my dogs without a hard copy report that I leave with. I then document in point form the discussion we had that day. Any questions I asked, and answers given. It takes me maybe 10 minutes to do.

I also ask about pulse rate, heart exam, etc. I also make a note which leg, any shots are given and if blood is drawn where from.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!