Thread: Bentley's mess.
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #5
navillusc
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

[quote=Yorkiemom1;3984202]
Quote:
Originally Posted by navillusc View Post
Brody might have an occasional toy fall off the bed or love seat that he has not noticed, but when he does see the toy, he will pick it up and put it back where it belongs. He separates his toys...some live on the bed...the one that used to be mine with DH...lol...and the love seat, where he sits with me at night. When Mia first came to live with us, she would carry a toy to the 'wrong' location, and Brody would take it back. On rare occasions, Brody will 're-locate' a toy, but he has taught Mia where "his"...and, yes, all the toys are belong to Brody, even Mia's toys...lol...are to be placed. So, except for being scattered around on the bed or on the love seat, there is no Yorkie mess at my house.

NOW!!! SOMEBODY just TRY and tell me Yorkies ARE like any other dog! "Talk to the hand" cause I aint hearing it!!!!!!!

Brody also 'counts' his toys, knows when one's missing, knows them all by name...when a new toy comes home, I tell him what the toy is and he knows its name from then on, will deliberately toss one off the bed or love seat for ME to FETCH...his game...his rules...lol...and no one taught him these skills.

Mia understands Brody's toy centricity, and will make sure Brody is watching when she snatches usually his currently favorite toy. Then she growls fiercely and protects it from him...makes him crazy...lol, but it's all in good fun and she'll soon DONATE the toy to him then sit back and 'laugh' with a huge 'smile' on her face, wagging all over...she just loves to tease him over their...I mean HIS...toys.

To understand completely, you'd need to know that Brody was VERY toy centric and possessive with his toys when I got him 15 months ago. You couldn't play with him and his toys except for tug...and he'd turn his back and 'protect' his toys...not viciously, though. lol Now he will bring them to me so I will play with him and his toys...he stands in front of me holding out his toy so we can 'fight' over it, and we errrr and grrrr and he gets kisses, too...lol He will even put the toy in my lap if I ignore him, but he is still not 'there' to 'give' up the toy when I ask for it...but we're working on that.

He's taken up turning down my covers at night as well. The first time he did it, it looked EXACTLY like I did it...like the corner of a page being turned, very smooth and flat, very perfect...but I didn't get to see him doing it. Last night, I put him on the bed and he lit into bumping his head under the edge of the comforter and flipping it up and back. It was more rumpled last night, but he still turned back my covers, then spun around, looking at me, 'grinning' and wagging his tail! He knew what he did.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!