View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 11:56 AM   #11
jnsdrexler02
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
I think Buprenex sedates most any dog! They gave it to Tibbe at the E.R. Vet back in May B4 taking x-rays when I thought he had maybe fallen as he was limping a bit and he yelped out when I tried to turn him over as I was inspecting for an injury. I think Buprenex is in the opioid family and very strong. Anyway, they gave him the shot of that and x-rayed him and sent him home on Tramadol and Prednisolone. He slept most of the time as he always does on almost any medication but he could be roused for status checks once an hour. As he was no longer limping at the vet's or at home and not seemingly in pain - nothing made him yell out, I stopped the Tramadol after 2 days but continued with the Prednisolone as prescribed. He alternately slept like he was anesthetized or was amped and running around the house like a madman on that drug, eating/drinking nonstop, wanting to go out constantly, barking like a madman and generally not acting normally. Once he came off the Prednisolone and got over all the GI problems he had, he was back to being Tibbe. But Tibbe is not a normal acting dog when on most drugs. He even seems to sleep alot the day I give him his Heartguard monthly but maybe I am imagining that.
I actually had to stop giving Rylee the Heartguard..............it made her sick! She was just throwing it up.................unfortunately.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!