View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #11
Tina21
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_noonie View Post
Just read this as we were posting at the same time. Very sorry to hear your daughter have an illness. I still think you need to put your foot down. You are her mother and should have a say in who she is dating, like someone who was raised by monkeys? LOL And even his own parents don't want him? maybe some tough love is in order. let her see how hard it is to live out there on her own and she will come crying back to you.

Thanks hun, I understand what you are saying. I can only tell you that seeing an illness waste your daughter away to 80 punds and watching as her organs start shutting down has left me shell shocked. Even worse when her therapist is telling you that the stress of living on her own at this time could see her back in that condition. She had made up her mind that she was moving out with him which she can do legally as well as legally date a man 60 if she wants (yuck) Parents here have very little legal recourse. It was a gut wrenching decision. I just wish it were simple parenting, trying to parent around a mental illness has been BRUTAL. One saving grace is that I was told she was the sickest child ever at the clinic and that they didnt think she would make it. I devoted almost 2 years to be by her side day and night and was told that if it were not for that she would have died. Still when you are facing situations such as these it becomes hollow comfort. My prayer is that she will continue to get better and one day be free from illness and I can stop walking on a razors edge.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!