View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 11:27 AM   #9
Tina21
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunasMomma View Post
That is so disrespectful of them to install locks, and they didn't even ask you first!! I don't know anywhere else where you can live for $200 a month, can I move in with you?!?! I would help with the cleaning

Maybe it would help to put all your bills together and show them in black and white what it costs to actually LIVE. You were very kind to allow him to move in when he was in trouble. Maybe there's a reason why his step-father didn't want him in his home, you know?

I would remove the locks and get rid of them and if they don't like it, well there's the door! You must have access to their part of the house for all the reasons you stated, AND in case there is some kind of emergency or something. I would wonder if there was some kind of drug use going on because they feel the need to lock the doors and they're unresponsive when you're calling them or knocking on the door. No one sleeps through pounding on the door unless they're on something. Just sayin'. I have 5 kids, 4 boys ages 25, 25, 24, and 23, and my girl who is 17 tomorrow. Three of the four boys are pot smokers and drinkers and they don't live here for that reason. They used to treat our home the same way and I would not tolerate it. Asking me to wake you up at 8 am and then you don't respond, and then it's my fault you get fired from your job?

I feel for you, it's a hard situation. Good luck!!!!
I wish it were his fault that the step father didnt want him. I have known him since he was 11 and I saw what he went through at home. His mother had no interest in raising him and he had zero social skills when I met him. He has often said that I am more his mother than his own and that I taught him right from wrong. I do feel bad for him as he has been given a very raw deal I just dont know what to do with this. It was a very tough decision for my DH and I and if he goes she will go with him. She is doing SOOOO much better and I am worried that if they move that stress will trigger a relapse. Sadly nothing is simple, I long for the problems that my friends have with their kids lol. Oh well they say God doesnt give us more than we can handle.

Thank for the feedback, its hard to see clearly through these types of issues when your emotions are involved. Espeacially when you are putting yourself out to help another.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!