View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 10:53 AM   #31
MaxYorkieBear
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmike86 View Post
On your video you say that was her first agility class?? She go through all the obedience first or just taught at home?? Play on the course also?? Really pretty impressive dog.
Yes. We were waiting until she turned 1 since they said the full development of the joints was Impotant so they wouldn't injure them selves before everything is fully formed. And she turned 1 on July 9th and we scheduled the class shortly after. The video was taped during her 3rd class , since one of her friends requested it. she is completely taught in home. We tried to take an obedience class before when she was 4 1/5 months old but she knew all the things they were teaching past the advance class and clickr training class so we got a refund for the advance class after the first day. The trainer occasionally sill borrows Lilo as her demo dog when she teaches the clicker class something new and I'm not busy.

And shes only had experience with the tunnel prior to this first class. We started ground work , just tunnels and running with me through cones, when she was 6 months old. It helps that she's absolutely fearless... We tried the teeter totter for the first time last week and she just ran through it likes she's done it before. When we originally looked up classes we noticed there was a prerequisite to have taken the first class but I emailed the instructor and she allowed us to sit in on one of the classes. i was confident Lilo didn't need the class after reading though the list of what we learned and she let us try out the course after we had watched. LILO ran through the entire thing like it was nothing. So we all agreed she should start at intermediate.
MaxYorkieBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!