Thread: True Biewers.
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 01:10 PM   #13
YorkieRini
Livin' La Yorkie Local
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenray
Fill us in Irene on what DHZ is and a website if you have one. Is this organization actively keeping a stud book and doing all that is necessary to someday become AKC accepted on it's own merit?

Let me tell you a story. There once was a show person showing a blue/tan puff Chinese Crested that was excused by the judge (Former Yorkie Breeder) because their Crested looked so similiar to a Yorkie and she questioned it's parentage. Guarantee it wasn't any part Yorkie (well not close anyway). The point of the story is that many breeds can look like one another and not be.

This breed has a resemblance to the Yorkie but looks different.

This is what is called type. When I have conducted a judges education seminar, I tell judges to imagine the Yorkie with no topknot and the hair parted on the head, would they think it was a Silky and if they think it would be, it has lost it's breed type.

Type is extremely important. Another example, Brussels Griffon, if they are too nosy, you now have an Affenpincher standing in front of you. They are even grooming them different to try and give them different appearances. So there is rhyme and reason to standards and why we as reputable breeders work so hard to keep the dog as close as possible. We want it to look like what it is suspose to look like. We oldtimers have seen many fads over the years and we hold true to our values and try to keep the breed individual and what it should be.

I'd love to!!! But before I do..I have something very exciting to share..and it's HUGE!!!..I have proof thanks to my wonder friend theresa that has shared in ths quest with me. She was able to translate this IBC does say you MUST breed 'same type' see #6..Check this out!!

This is in translation right from this link:
Before I forget..there are two parent clubs for Biewers..The Parent to the IBC is the DBYC.ev(Deutsch Biewer Yorkie Club)...the IBC is the same thing..except it's for INTERNATIONAL members..hence the name 'INTERNATIONAL BIEWER CLUB" IBC..is for members like myself that are outside of Germany to join and continue all while following the Club of all Biewer clubs the DBYC.ev.

This was taken from the DBYC all 3 sites are the linked together..The DHZ for registry and the DBYC for the German members (automatically fall into the IBC) and then the IBC for those outside of Germany.

http://www.ach-l.de/Zender.htm

1. A breed goal

A breed goal is that all in the association 1. German Biewer Yorkshire Terrier club e. V. bred dog of the kind in accordance with the race the standard to correspond and be promoted. The breed therefore only dogs become certified which correspond to this breed goal. For Biewer Yorkshire Terrier, which is to be used for the breed, must be furnished before occupying the proof of the breed fitness.
2. Breed fitness
Dogs, with one of the 1. German Biewer Yorkshire Terrier club e. V. recognized exhibition to have been demonstrated and the minimum qualities reached, (Rueden starting from excellently, dogs off very good), can the request to breed fitness set. Beyond that are with the 1. German Biewer Yorkshire Terrier club e. Vth certified breed control room entitled to permit Biewer Yorkshire Terrier to the breed. The result of the examination is registered and confirmed on the geneological table of the dog concerned by the office.
The minimum age for the permission for breed fitness examination is specified on 12 months.
3. Breed duration
Minimum age of the dogs 12 months, with Rueden 12 months. After completed 8. Lebensjahr may not be used dogs no more for the breed. For Rueden no age limit is intended, if all conditions for the breed fitness are present.
4. Number of throws and puppy
Dogs can be occupied usually 2 Hitzen one behind the other. Afterwards at least a heat must be suspended. With larger throws a Amme is to be consulted after possibility. If a breeder draws a larger throw up, then it must be absolutely required that the dog is energetically supported and the puppies is course-fed.
During the throw inspection by breed-waited or veterinary surgeon is examined by this the dam and the puppies for visible errors. The errors are registered if necessary on the throw report form. Furthermore a note is to be registered, from which it follows that the throw and the dam were demonstrated. Puppies may not be delivered ungeimpft.
The correctness of the data are to be confirmed by breed-waited and/or by the veterinary surgeon by signature and stamp.
5. Throw acceptance
The throw acceptance by breed-wait the 1. German Biewer Yorkshire Terrier club e. V. or a veterinary surgeon accomplished.
For its efforts are, if the throw acceptance by one breed-wait the 1. German Biewer Yorkshire Terrier club e. V. was made, the developed driving costses to pay (flat mileage rate) as well as a fixed amount per puppy with the throw acceptance.
These amounts are specified occasionally on a statutory annual general meeting.
6. Relative importance of the breed partners
The breed partners must be of the same type.
7. Execution of the breed
It may recover only with, reinrassigen and nature-firm Biewer Yorkshire Terriern breed, the recognized geneological tables possesses breed-waited advises the breeder and helps it with the choice of a suitable Rueden.
Throw message refunds the breeder breed-waits the 1. German Biewer Yorkshire Terrier club e. V. within 1 week after the birth. After more with perfection 8. Life week of the puppies takes place the throw inspection via breed-waits the 1. German Biewer Yorkshire Terrier club e. V. or by a veterinary surgeon.
The result of the inspection carries the one which can be removed breed-waits the 1. German Biewer Yorkshire Terrier club e. V. or the veterinary surgeon on the throw report form.
Before the throw acceptance the breeder may not deliver puppies. Puppies may starting from the 10. Week to be delivered. The breeder is obligated to make attentive with the sales of the puppies the buyer on possible lack. The breeder is obligated to deliver its puppies only in inoculated and entwurmten condition.
Breed-waited dog from own breed may not decrease. In this case the throw must be removed by a veterinary surgeon.
8. Representational allowances and Taetowieren or Chipen
The Taetowieren or Chipen recommended.
The representational allowance for breed-wait:
Throw acceptance per puppy 3.00 euro, driving costses per kilometer of 0.30 euro.
These representational allowances are to be paid direct to breed-waited.

I can't believe this..my mentor/breeder was right all along!! Others wanted to see proof and not take her word...well folks here it is!!!!!!!!!!
They are and will remain a breed of their own!! There is no backing down now....look out UKC..we are on our way!!
YorkieRini is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!