View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 11:16 AM   #6
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnsdrexler02 View Post
I'm taking her back to the vet tomorrow................I can't take this. She is so lethargic. I've never seen her like this before. She lays in my arms and just sleeps. The odd thing is............if we let her go outside in the backyard, she runs around like she is fine?????? Barking and running all over the place. It truly is like depression. I looked up that drug and it did say that was one of the possible side effects although very rare. This takes me right back to when my boys were little. It's like having a baby all over again! Sometimes I think she "plays" me just a little bit. She knows how worried I am and takes complete advantage of me. Am I crazy????
Exactly Tibbe's reaction. I have taken him to the vet twice mainly because of his lethargy, only to have him act like he was on methamphetamine or straight caffeine at the vet's!!! Sooooooooooooooo embarrassing. He really just sleeps through his courses of medication when in the house but let him outside, he's back being himself! That's part of what scares me so bad when he is ill - his extreme somnolence on medication of any kind. I gave the dog Pepcid and it put him out for the whole 2 weeks he was on it! When I say "out", I mean sleeping through his normal day but fine if roused to go out or someone comes to visit. On Prednisolone, he was a combo of sleeping a lot and manic. I finally decided I don't like it and it worries me but obviously the dog just doesn't handle his medications like the average dog and there is nothing to be done about it.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!