Thread: Help!
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 08:12 AM   #2
BabyGirl Rosie
I ♥ my girls!
Donating Member

My Rosie was 4 years old when I got Mikki (1 year old). Right after I got Mikki, Rosie got sick for a few days. I think it was the stress of the new adjustments. Having two girls, we have our ups and downs. First, they will play and play and it makes me so happy. And then we do have the occasional fights. So possessiveness can really happen.

I make sure I do for Rosie first always. Her plate of food goes down first, I pick her up first when I get home, etc. She was here first and was used to my undivided attention. I think this will be important for your Autumn too.

As far as stopping the barking, I don't know about that. Mikki is a barker and will bark at anyone that comes into the house. It drives me nuts. As long as they are sitting she is fine. But the second they move, she is on them and barking like crazy. I don't have an answer for that. I just pick Mikki up and try to calm her down.

I would try to socialize Autumn as much as possible before getting a new pup. With Rosie, I brought her around a few friends of mine dogs before I got a new one. I found she did MUCH better with the males than the females. However, Mikki was in a situation where she just fell into my lap. Bottom line is, if you want it to work then it will. But it may take some work on your part as they adjust to each other.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!