Thread: Help!
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 05:58 AM   #1
bonitalou
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Help!

Autumn is super attached to me. When my husband and I take her places, though she LOVES him dearly.....she will only let me hold her. When dogs go by, she barks. She barks uncontrollably when someone comes. She does NOT like little children.

We had gotten a new home recently which she adjusted to beautifully, but while workers were here, she was so upset everyday with the strangeness and her stomach gets upset and it shows in her stool (it gets pencil thin and she strains when she goes). I had to sit and hold her the whole time they were in the house. Which was 6 hrs per day for 2 months. She never got used to them being here. Note: different crews came in an out. If I would put her down and she could sniff them, she would be ok, but scared if they moved about too quickly.

She also has a food allergy and this also happens with her stool, if she eats "human" food or food other than her prescription. My question to all of you is............I would like to get a new (8-13 week) old yorkie. What my hope is that, she won't be so possessive and and will enjoy a playmate. I'm so hoping she will then stop the barking, etc. OR, will her stomach be upset everyday? Please let me know your thoughts. Autumn will be 4 yrs old on August 10th.

THANK YOU.
bonitalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!