View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 09:56 AM   #14
Stigica
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimodok View Post
You really do have to shuffle your feet when you walk near a Yorkie, especially when they are small. It becomes second nature after awhile. Just keep your eyes on the ground if your puppy is following you.

This is why it is so important to train your puppy not to chase or bite at your feet. I'm struggling with training my puppy to learn this now.

When your puppy is an adult, they should learn to follow you at a small but safe distance from your feet so you can walk normal again. You still have to be careful though. If you stop walking they will practically stand right on your feet. If you go into a walk without checking the ground first, you might step on their toes.

Treading lightly also becomes second nature after awhile, so that if you do step on their toes you don't step hard enough to break anything. The dog will yelp, but you say you're sorry and love them up and go on with your business.

Very jingly dog tags or a bell on their collar helps a lot, especially when they are puppies. Mishka has a little cat bell on her collar. It's loud and obnoxious, but I always know where she is! Once she's older and bigger I'll take the bell off and she'll just where her tags.
Thanks!

Well this didn't even happen inside, i have never had an accident inside, i always know where she is.

It was such a painful experience for me (i just bursted out crying), i don't even want to talk about it, but it happened outside.

Jackie
Stigica is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!