Thread: Hi All!
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 04:06 AM   #13
KayRoxy
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Hi Nanahas3 *Special hallo to everyone else - all of you are such incredible people!!

No, the vet just said that it happens sometimes, she could have been under some kind of stress, she might have been picked up incorrectly but personally I think there are genetic issues either on Deedee's side or from the little male...I can't be certain. I only assume this because there wasn't any testing done on either of them, and to be honest, I would not even be able to tell you who the male's father and mother is let alone 12 generations worth of information on both female and male. I just feel that the main cause for this was serious lack of research and preperation, that's why I was compelled to search the net for all and any information on breeding with Yorkies. Now that I have a better understanding of the breed and the correct procedures, I have realized that I would be the worst person to attempt it, not because I do not have utmost respect and love for my princess and the breed, but because I simply could not devote my entire attention to breeding, considering all risks and financial implications. I sometimes frett that most people who just breed for the sake of a quick buck are very ignorant to not just the dangers, but the cruelty of not being 150% certain about what you are doing and especially, why you are doing it.

But I am very happy to report that Deedee and the two little boys are doing so well, they have so many teets to choose from they are growing fast and fat! :-D and Deedee is her playful self again!

Lol, Roxy stands infront of Deedee's basket and will sit there quietly for hours on end, as if she is guarding the babies. She gets so excited when you pick one up and she gets to sniff (she is never left alone with Deedee and the babies, I am scared something might happen) then she dances around the room barking excitedly! Lord, I love her so much!

Feel like spending every second on this site, you guys are so awesome!!
KayRoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!