Thread: True Biewers.
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 12:22 PM   #11
goldenray
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieRini
Here are some pictures of my TRUE Biewers that have generations of the tri colors that won titles and are registered with the DHZ which is a partner to the IBC which is the parent club in Germany.
Fill us in Irene on what DHZ is and a website if you have one. Is this organization actively keeping a stud book and doing all that is necessary to someday become AKC accepted on it's own merit?

Let me tell you a story. There once was a show person showing a blue/tan puff Chinese Crested that was excused by the judge (Former Yorkie Breeder) because their Crested looked so similiar to a Yorkie and she questioned it's parentage. Guarantee it wasn't any part Yorkie (well not close anyway). The point of the story is that many breeds can look like one another and not be.

This breed has a resemblance to the Yorkie but looks different.

This is what is called type. When I have conducted a judges education seminar, I tell judges to imagine the Yorkie with no topknot and the hair parted on the head, would they think it was a Silky and if they think it would be, it has lost it's breed type.

Type is extremely important. Another example, Brussels Griffon, if they are too nosy, you now have an Affenpincher standing in front of you. They are even grooming them different to try and give them different appearances. So there is rhyme and reason to standards and why we as reputable breeders work so hard to keep the dog as close as possible. We want it to look like what it is suspose to look like. We oldtimers have seen many fads over the years and we hold true to our values and try to keep the breed individual and what it should be.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!