View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 08:07 AM   #1
dawn27
2+2=4 X the Love ♥
Donating Member

Unhappy HELP: Dog allergies or are they?

My Quincy and Ruby do the same thing ever year. Normally in the late summer through fall until cold weather hits. But this year the heat came on a lot sooner than usual.

They bite and scratch and just go nuts digging at themselves. Mostly their hind quarters. Quincy digs so much that he ends up bald from pulling his hair our or me having to cut it due to the extensive matting. They both have red rash like spots on the inner thighs and legs where they have been digging. I'm certain that it is not fleas, I looked for them while I was grooming them. I really hate seeing my babies in distress and know that there is nothing that I can do to help.

Could it be something else, if so than what and what do I do to get them some relief?

I asked the vet and they said that I can use benadryl up to four times a day. Well that's not working and is getting expensive for the two of them. I have hear of vets giving steroid shot to help but never known anyone who has gotten it done. If it would help it would be worth the cost but only if it is 100% cure.

Has anyone had it done and if so what was the results?

Vet appointment next month for another issue, (several wart like things) I will ask doc then. Might need to move up the appointment or my Quincy may be totally bald be than.

Any advise or input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!