View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
PennePerfect
Yorkie Talker

Default R.I.P. Peanut Man - 10-8-07 - 7-23-12

I lost a very special part of my family on Monday evening,July 23rd. Peanut Van Averyborn on October 8, 2007 was the partner to Penne Van Avery his mate, father of17 puppies in his 4 ½ short years. Hischildren that live with us, Gio, Jaime, Buddy & Missy in addition to Pennemiss him terribly. Peanut was a healthy5 pound Yorkie with a love of life and his buddies, loved to carry his toysaround and hide them in the backyard so that no one else could steal them butmost importantly he gave us his unconditional love each and every day.

Monday evening I returned home from work as usual and leteveryone out to run in the back yard. They all ran together barking and yipping as they always did and forsome reason buddy got a bit snippy and yipped at Gio in a nasty way. I scolded him and then he proceeded to do thesame to Peanut. Never once nipping himor even touching him. In the nextmoments everything happened so quickly it was like a nightmare. As everyone ran to take care of business Iturned and Peanut was on his side. Igrabbed him up in my arms quickly and he was limp like a rag doll. His tongue was purple and back in his littlemouth. I put my finger in his mouth andswiped his tongue to the side and then proceeded to do CPR and nose to mouth breathswith no response. Only sound was aslight gurgle after a few moments and I now know what that sound was and willnever forget it, it was the death rattle of my poor little Peanut Mans lastbreath on this earth. I continued to doCPR and nose to mouth breaths for several minutes and there was noresponse. I knew then my little guy wasgone. I wrapped him in a towel and tookhim to my vet who assured me that I did everything possible to help him. But what took my little guys life in that splitsecond I will never know. I refused anautopsy as I just did not want to put his little body through that and heckwhat good would it do? It certainlywouldn’t bring him back. Peanut washealthy and happy and had no previous history of heart problems. There was no blood, no head injury just thathorrible stare that I will never forget. My vet seems to think that he must have had a heart issue that wasundetected and it was his time to travel on to Rainbow Bridge. His short time on this earth wascomplete. He fathered his legacy. This has been a very difficult month for myfamily with my 85 year old father passing suddenly on July 4th aftersuffering a massive stroke on July 3rd. Perhaps my Dad was lonely in heaven andneeded a puppy to keep him company until someday when we all meet again. I have found lots of comfort by readingothers stories who have also lost their loved ones and would love to hear fromall of you, perhaps so that we can comfort each other. R.I.P. Dad and my little Peanut Man!
PennePerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!