View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
JenniferLynn
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default How do I turn in a bad breeder? Please Help

We recently bought our puppy from what turns out to be a bad backyardbreeder. Our dog had to be brought to the UrgentCare center for a tapeworminfestation the night that we got her! And then the next day I brought her tothe Vet to find out that she was covered in scabs along with a skin infectionfrom fleas. The Vet also had to re-give her the first Vaccine because thebreeder bought hers from tractor supply. My husband called the Vet's officethat the breeder said she used and they informed us that she never had an examby them and they were hired to only dock her tail and remove her dew claws.They also added that she had bought dewormer from them, but not the kind thatkills all parasites like tapeworms! We thought that they were nice people andthat her dogs had a great temperament and love our little puppy. We decided tonot ask her to pay for the $250 Vet bills that we acquired in the first 24hours of getting the puppy because we wanted the money to go towards the otherdogs there. She never sent us a text after we informed us of how sick our dogis or even thanked us for letting her know. I noticed this morning that shemade a status on facebook saying that she brought her puppies to the Vet andhad the paper work to prove that they were fine after we informed her. And shereferred to my puppy as the "other dog" that went to the Vet. Shedidn't take ownership for the problem. We both noticed multiple fleas on thefather Yorkie, who was with my puppy. And I highly doubt that she informed theVet of the tapeworms. My puppy passed one that was almost the size of my thumbafter we got her on medicine from an actual Vet! I have the picture to proveit. So please give me advice on what we should do about this...I don't want toruin her income, but I'm very upset at house sick my 2 lb puppy is and that sheis only 2 months and probably had that tapeworm her whole life. Any advice isgreatly appreciated. Thanks a ton!
JenniferLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!