View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 04:40 AM   #14
Teegy
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubymoon2072 View Post
well please let me know if this works. i just did some research and recently switched my two over to a raw diet with zero issues. they say that is the heart of the matter as animals in the wild do not eat store or vet bought kibble they eat raw.
From what I understand over the years the insecticide in the flea/tick/heartworm meds gradually diminish the function of many organs jeopardising the immune system.
A healthy dog eating raw (prey model or BARF) not on these meds has a healthier immune system due to diet alone (kibble contains filler and because of the cooking process makes the dogs system work harder process and excrete waste and takes 3-5 times longer to process in the body). Therefore a healthier immune system if infected by heartworm larvae is much more apt to expell the parasite naturally before it even has a change to reach the damaging stage of adulthood. Of course no harm in getting the bloodwork done every couple of years to be sure.
You have done your dogs a huge favour and I feel really happy with my decision too. Also fleas ticks etc tend to feed only on animals with a weaker immune system.
Teegy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!