Thread: Expensive tick!
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 11:23 AM   #3
nwyorkie
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina1978
When removing a tic you should never just pull it off because the head could stay under the skin and cause infection.Pulling it off is also dangerous because you have to squeeze and pull,squirting blood back into your dogs skin and depending on what animal it fed from before your dog,it can cause serious illnesses too.
We get ALOT of tics here in the summer and there are 2 easy and effective ways of removing them TOTALLY without having to worry about leaving the head inside and without having to worry about blood returning to your dogs system.
Take a clove of garlic and cut it in half,then rub the tic with one of the halfes.Make sure it gets the garlic juice on it and then wait..it falls off (dead) within a few minutes.The smell will go away after a bath
Also,you can use oil.Take a little olive oil and just put a few drops on the tic.The tic can no longer breath through the oil and dies.This method takes a little longer for it to fall off,its mostly for those who dont like the smell of garlic,but its also effective.
The garlic works quicker and I have removed LOTS of tics (not from my dogs but from my m.i.līs) using this method.After the tic has fallen off,wipe the area with a little alcohol and thats it
Wow! That is worth printing out and putting in a scrapbook for remedies! Thanks!
nwyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!