Thread: Hi All!
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 06:35 AM   #1
KayRoxy
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Hi All!

Hi to everyone

My name is Kaydee, I am the proud mommy of a 10month old female Yorkie named Roxy, she is my pride and joy and I am reminded every day that the world really isn't such a bad place when she gives me loads of undeserved kisses and hugs!

I received Roxy from my mother-in-law as a gift, her mommy named Deedee gave birth to a litter of four. She was taken to a breader for some TLC the second time about 3 months ago. Last week Friday she gave birth...

Through out the pregnancy she seemed "bigger" than with her first litter, when she gave birth it was only two pups, one much smaller than the other and she struggled with the first one having resulted in taking her to the vet as to help her give birth. Round about Sunday we started to notice that she didn't eat, she just lay there and when we took her outside for a twinkle she seemed to be "stuck". We took her back to the vet and they found two under developed pups who had died.

I am now very scared to even consider breeding with my princess, if I do decide to breed I will wait until next year September because she will be 2 years old and as far as my understanding, from various websites it would be "safer" to wait until she is 2yrs as she would be fully developed then.

I want to know what the possible reasons could be for Deedee's pregnancy (she was sterilized immediately after the pups were removed) going so horribly wrong? I'd rather not breed my baby than putting her life at risk as I have grown incredibly dependent (I know it sounds very strange) of her.

Any thoughts?

God bless all of you!
KayRoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!