View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #5
Zoejane
Senior Yorkie Talker

My baby had separation anxiety. I work from home with the exception of a couple trips a month and then my friend would always come and stay with her so she was never alone. However it created a monster out of her when I had to leave even for an hour. When I tried leaving I would gate her in the kitchen which isn't a very big room, put all her toys in, her bed, and one of my shirts. I had a cam set up so I could watch her and she would cry the entire time I was gone and for about 5 mi utes after I got home. I knew I had to curb it, so I started putting her in her kennel and would walk put for about 10 minutes every single day, even if I didn't need to. I gradually increased the time and while she still doesn't like it she is much better and I can now leave her without her crying. She seems more content in the smaller space of the kennel. Your baby will eventually learn that you will be home. You might want to take some vacation when you first bring her home so she can adjust without you leaving her in a strange place all day the first day.
Zoejane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!