View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 07:15 AM   #8
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

It is very hard when your eyes have been opened to ignore what you see. It literally scars your heart.

But I believe that our emotional heart grows larger with each little scar.

I truly believe that the Universe, gives us opportunities to learn and to share what we have learnt. You never know, someone or even two, when you were ranting down those aisles, heard you, and avoided an impulse buy that day!

I am so more distrustful of folks, the more I learn, the more my eyes are opened. We met, yesterday at dock diving, some folks who did invite us over to their shade/shelter, and of course got to talking. Here are two folks involved in performance sports; and yet judging by what I saw and heard, my suspicion is they are little more than backyard breeders. They are breeding. Their gal they had with them, had a whole lot wrong with her coat, color, and head. I did ask of course if they are breeding. they said yes. Now understand if you are breeding, and have high quality "stock", over the course of the conversation; you will hear about their wins in the show ring, their wins in obedience/rally, and other venues. Nothing.

They asked about Magic, in fact that is why they invited us over. They thought he was a Bouvier. I of course rhapsodized about him. They asked about temperament. I said what you see here, stable, confident, secure in and of themselves. They are the ultimate working dog. What do you do with him, they ask? Well after three championships and a Grand Championship, we have done obedience with him, he is CDX level, and of course he loves to swim, and dock dive, so we are here to do this.

Last edited by gemy; 07-22-2012 at 07:20 AM.
gemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!