View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 11:14 PM   #1
yorkEODog
Yorkie Talker

Confused Olly HATES the grass.

Olly is 10 months old, he is a rescue. We began with 1/2 indoor 1/2 outdoor.. we liked the business in the bathroom- we were in Korea, and they have drains in the bathroom floor so it was super convenient and easy to clean up! I now have him back in the states with me, and we have back tracked on the potty training. We've been back for two months now, and that was the first time he had ever been on carpet. He has accidents, but as long as I am on top of the potty schedule we are usually good... so accidents usually are my fault primarily for slacking or not paying enough attention.. but the trouble is.. the first weeks we were back home here, he would potty outside as long as I pushed him to do it... go potty go potty go potty.... and even the occasional nudge on his butt putting him in the direction of his area... over the last few weeks... he has completely stopped going in the back yard. I can only get him to go in the bathroom. he hates the grass. avoids it at all costs. if i set him in the grass, he waits til i look away and b-lines to the back door. if i put him outside and shut the door, he won't leave the patio. he absolutely hates it. the only way i can get him to potty is by putting him in the bathroom. anything i can do? id like to get away from the indoor bathroom. its not as easy as it was in korea.

thanks in advance!
yorkEODog is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!