View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 06:33 PM   #6
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Tibbe is overdue his "booster" and I am so scared to let him have it! We live in the DFW area and West Nile virus is really rampant so I guess we have a lot of mosquitos and he is out several times a day pottying and playing but never around standing water or other dogs except any that would come down the alley or next door. He didn't have a reaction when he got his after I first got him but I didn't belong to YT and know all the things I know now.

Are titers really reliable? What if the titer test is done wrong or is compromised or something? Have to balance those worries with living in high mosquito area and awful consequences of giving him the vax booster. I am in the same place you are except Tibbe hopefully has some resistance from his first dose. I'm so scared either way. I had a dog die of lepto in the '70's and never want to ever see that horror again!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!