View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #11
Elliegirl1
Yorkie Talker

Teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Scrappy View Post
Hi there,

I am sorry to hear you got the Liver Shunt diagnosis. I've been there. We were faced with having the surgery or putting Ziggy down. He was on medicine for a few weeks but the vet said he would not make it long. So we put it on a credit card. Hubby didn't want to pay at first but when I pointed out that we would fix a car if it were broken, he relented. And we have never regretted it. Ziggy was so sick but tried so hard to live, we felt he deserved a chance. When he was examined and has the MRI, the docs at the specialty vet surgery place told us he would be like a brand new dog. And he was! He is sturdy and healthy and so loving. I have a picture of his stitches after the surgery in an album. I'm not sure how to post it here but I'll try.

I hope you find a way for your baby. I can tell you the surgery is successful. We have no costs associated with Ziggy's liver shunt except we have to feed him prescription low protein food, but it's no more costly than good brands anyway.

I will say a prayer for you in coping with this, both financially and emotionally.
Thank you so much for sharing this. It really helps me to hear other stories and for posting the pictures as well! Ziggy is so adorable!
Elliegirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!