View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #11
Teresiana
Donating YT 500 Club Member

As a quick follow up...

First of all, thank you all for your help & feedback. Yoshi decided that he didn't want to eat the FreshPet Vital anymore He's quirky like that. I suppose I can use the little nuggets as treats for him & my Lab.

I've made a decision to stick with the Stella & Chewy's freeze-dried. That's it. I'm not changing his food anymore! It seems like a great company, I'm happy with the ingredients & I've heard a lot of great feedback about Stella's. I also love the way it's so convenient to feed...no measuring cups, nothing to refrigerate, no thawing. That makes my life so much easier!

I bought one chicken & one beef 6 oz bag & figured I'd rotate between flavors when he decides he's bored with the food. I'll get other flavors as he gets accustomed to the Stella's.

Also, the owner of the shop where I buy my food told me that it really isn't necessary to rehydrate the patties. So I've been breaking them up & feeding them dry. He likes them much better this way! He gobbles it up & licks the plate clean! Yay!

I was a little concerned that he might not get enough water if I didn't rehydrate. So I put a piece of blue painter's tape on his fountain so I could check the water levels. So far, so good. He's definitely drinking enough.

Sorry for the looong post. But I'm sure some of you know how absolutely THRILLED I am that I have finally found a good food that BOTH of us can agree on!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!