Thread: Questions
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 07:01 AM   #12
Marioana
Senior Yorkie Talker

Wow, a lot of answers. Thank You! I will try to answer your questions, hopefully I won't miss any.

He was vet checked and he doesn't get table scraps.
We moved his food and bed from the kitchen to our bedroom, as he always hangs around us, so we thought if we are there and the food is there he will eat more. He does eat, but not a lot and he doesn't seem to like it a lot, but at least he is eating. He doesn't show signs of hypoglycemia, he plays and sleeps ok, but we do have something like nutrical nearby, just in case, and my boyfriend gives him that twice a day, the size of a green pea bean.

I ordered the washable pads, as Brenda was using those, but he doesn't seem more interested in those than the disposable ones. At least those are environmental friendly.

We thought of lining the current play pen with something so he doesn't escape, but we were afraid he would chew on it, and second if he is confined he starts crying like you would think someone is killing him.

I was actually thinking on buying an xpen from one of the stores and give it back in a few weeks after I don't need it anymore :P. If I put in the bedroom and line the floor with pads under it it might work. But will he learn this way that he is supposed to do it on the pad, or for him is the same thing as doing it anywhere, just that the area is smaller?

About raspberries..are they safe for yorkies? Last night as I was eating my raspberry and cottage cheese dinner he started begging for them. I didn't cave in, I just gave him one when I finished eating and he seemed fine...

P.S. I don't usually buy from petland/petsmart, all the stuff that were not urgent I bought them online, it's just that from the moment we decided we want him, and until he arrived there were just a few days, so for some stuff I didn't had the time to order online.
Marioana is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!