View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 08:29 AM   #4
carolina yorkie
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan L.
Hi Jen,
I've been grooming my own Yorkies for over 30 years now. I've probably tried every thing out there. I have 10 Yorkies now. I bath them every week. The products I use depends on the coat type. I like the Vellus products and the Coat Handlers products. Sometimes I'll even use baby shampoo. When I wrap the Vellus cream works best. I just tried a conditioner from Eqyss, you don't have to rinse shampoo out before using conditioner. So far it works good on the silky coats. I like the fact that I only have to rinse once. I also will lightly spray with mink oil on the ends, just to help with breakage.
I spend 2 days a week just bathing & grooming my dogs. I will say those are my favorite days of the week.

Jan,
I am currently using CC systems products and like them better than anything I have found so far. My options are limited unless I use the net. In the past I have used Les Poochs but it made her itchy. Currently she is in a puppy cut and I'd like her to grow long, but we've been going through some hair changes. She had a litter of pups before I got her and her hair was really dry, then it started to darken drastically after the pus were weaned and I got her. I also changed her food to a high protein, high fat and no byproducts. She eats very healthy now. Hair and skin is in great condition now, so hopefully it will grow.

What kind of clippers, scissors, thinners, etc. do you use?

Thanks so much for all advice
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!