View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #10
lmperez
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracielove View Post
Gracie was also 4lbs when she got her rabies vaccine. She was given her other shots in two doses and then the rabies by it's self some weeks later. She did fine.

I have used the Advantage products for many years and have never had any kind of reaction. All I can do is tell you my experience and hope it helps you not to worry too much.

I am considering how much I will allow them to re-vaccinate her. There are some differing opinions out there about how frequently it should be done.
AS far as revaccinations I draw titiers on my dogs. I have a seven year old whippet that has only had his puppy shots and every year after that I have dramwn titers nd he is still immune to everything. I have had 2 dogs that had cancer and three different vets actually admitted to me that it was probably caused by over vaccinating and breaking down the immune system that caused it. Another vet gave a rabies shot in my dogs nind leg aand said that when he gets cancer fromm this shot we can amputated instead of puttint the dog down. I was stunned. Guess where he had his cancer? yep you guessed it hind leg. Unfortunitly amputation was not an option since he also had another type of cancer that was very agressive.
lmperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!