View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 09:51 AM   #1
lemonlime
Senior Yorkie Talker

Unhappy Terrified something bad is going to happen.

Every time I think about Sophie's rabies vaccine appointment next week I start to cry.

I am still trying to get over what happened when she had her spay and inguinal hernias surgery last month. She did not do well while under anesthesia (the vet does not recommend she go under again). She also had a little reaction to the dissolvable stitches that caused her long incision to look like a lumpy bumpy swollen mess. Thankfully she is doing great now and her incision is healing nicely and flattening out but she had a longer recovery then most.

I am now terrified she is going to have a bad reaction to the rabies vaccine. Will she really be given the same amount they would give a Great Dane...Sophie is 4 pounds and only just turning 7 months old. That is just crazy.

I just applied her monthly Advantage Multi 10 last night - will that being in her system effect her? (Unfortunately I have only now just read about not giving the rabies vaccine with other boosters, meds, etc.)

Has anyone here on YT had a puppy not do well with isoflurane but then had the rabies vaccine with no adverse reactions?

Any advice would be so greatly appreciated.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!