Thread: Questions
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 09:19 AM   #7
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

Your right in that your puppy should not have milk. Only a small amount of low fat cheese should be used as a treat but meat is a better choice. They sell freeze dried all meat treats at some pet food stores and you can find them online. A young puppy should not have a lot of treats. Just an small reward for doing something right (like going potty in the right place) make sure he is not getting any people food except what is made specifically for him.

He is young to be changing food but if he is not eating a good diet you need to do something to get his interest in eating up.

You could try crushing his food or grinding it in a food processor and then mixing it in with some chicken or beef. I would keep it low fat with no chicken skin. You can put some of the broth from boiling the food it.

In the Yorkie Health and Diet area there is a "sticky" at the top of the fourm with a lot of recipe ideas for treats and food. As I said I found that Gracie did not like the grains but I only cooked for her until I found a quality commercial food that she liked.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!