Thread: Questions
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 05:31 AM   #2
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

I had a terrible problem with trying to get my Gracie to eat the first year I had her. I tried it all. I even cooked for her. I had the same response. The first time she liked it and then would not touch the leftovers. I can tell you I did not use treats for training because they interfered with her getting proper nutrition from her food. I finally realized she hates any food with grain in it. When I started using sweet potato in the food I made instead of rice or oatmeal she would eat like a starving animal. Maybe you could check to see how much grain in in his food? Gracie is now on a commercial grain free raw diet and eats like a bear but the first year was a trial and error effort.

Try to avoid commercial treats and try small amounts of meat or low fat cheese if you have to use them. Make sure he gets lots of exercise. Has he been vet checked?

I don't crate train either but I do think an X pen is a good idea for when you cannot watch your puppy. Just like outdoor training timing is everything with house breaking. Keep up the effort. You may need to buy a good liquid house breaking aid to put on your pee pads. Some of the pads say it is already on them but I have found some work better than others. The hormone does attract the puppy to pee where he smells the scent.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!