View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
Sarahleigh112
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Heat stroke, regular stroke or seizure?

Hey all! I haven't been on here in a long time but I've become extremely concerned for my little Jax today. I've recently moved out of my parents into my own place and Jax stays at my parents due to pets not being allowed in the apartment complex. Today I went over to visit and Jax got excited and greeted us as he normally would but then we noticed we was being exceptionally clumsy. It was almost like his front legs were giving out on him. He ran down the steps from our deck and he just seemed off balance. As soon as he got to the patio he was running around and falling over. We quickly picked him up thinking maybe he was burning the pads on his paws and noticed he was pulling his front legs in towards his body and it almost appeared like they were just stuck like that. We quickly loaded into the car and started driving to the vet. He just laid down in my lap and was shaking uncontrollably. I lifted him closer to me and started whispering to him to keep him calm and in a matter of minutes he was perked up to look out the windows and acting perfectly fine so we turned around and headed home and just called the vet. He's got an appointment later on this evening but I'm just curious as to what you all think it could be?

Last edited by Sarahleigh112; 07-18-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Sarahleigh112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!