View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 08:57 AM   #6
MY OSCAR
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresiana View Post
he really does like the vital complete meals. He actually seems excited to eat & just finished the 1/4 cup i put down. He also liked the freshpet select rolls (chicken) for about 2 weeks. After 2 weeks, he just sniffed & walked away. I was actually kind of glad when that happened because 1) the food made him stink 2) the food made his poop super stinky 3) it was such a hassle cutting those rolls.

I feed him 3 times a day - but i'm thinking that maybe i should cut it down to 2 times. Sometimes he won't eat his afternoon meal. And you're right...maybe he will work up an appetite if i decrease the number of times i feed him. I'll definitely try that. Thanks

i'm also concerned about finding a food that he will like...and then realizing that it's not a good fit for him. He's been gassy & his poop is semi-soft. I'm hoping that's just because of the sudden change in food - and not the food itself.

Maybe i'll try giving him weruva for his evening meal & see if it helps his tummy? (if he eats it.) or should i just go with the vital & wait for his system to adjust?
well of course it is up to you what food you want to use but imo maybe you stay with the fresh pet for now to see how it goes as long as his poops are normal and he is doing fine on it . Hopefully the gas is just due to a diet change. I would only use 1 food at a time though, hopefully he will adjust to the diet change no problem...
MY OSCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!