View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 08:29 AM   #4
MY OSCAR
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresiana View Post
trust me...i really wish i could get him on a normal feeding plan. He's been eating weruva for about 3 weeks & then decided that he didn't like it anymore this week. He sniffed it & just walked away for almost 2 days! My vet told me to give him nutrical when he does this.

I bought some samples yesterday (vital, stella, nature's variety raw bites - duck) & put out a few bites to see if he'd eat any of it. He took to the vital & stella's. I tried mixing a teaspoon of the vital in his weruva...but he just picked out the vital.

I've really been trying to stick to one food. But it really scares me when he doesn't eat for 2 days!!!! He's only 6 pounds & i worry that he's going to get sick if he refuses to eat his food for 2 days...should i try to stick with the same food that he's been refusing? How long should i wait to see if he'll eat again?

This eating thing has been really difficult - and expensive. What am i doing wrong?
trust me , you are not doing anything wrong.
we all worry about our babies.
it is hard to see them not eating.
is there one particular food you have right now that he seems to really like?
do you schedule feed or free feed?
sometimes schedule feeding works better for picky eaters.
try just feeding at a scheduled time once per day for a few days with his favorite food and see how he does..
maybe if can work up his appetite he will start eating better.
MY OSCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!