View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 07:31 AM   #3
Teresiana
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokipoki View Post
What is the rest of his diet like? How often are you changing foods? I know that changing foods without giving a dog the chance to transition can cause some GI tract upset. Also intolerance to a specific ingredient could be giving Yoshi gas.
BTW my Toki really enjoys the freeze-dried Stella & Chewy's! She hasn't had any gas (thank god haha).

I'd stick with one food for a while to get every thing settled down. It's more difficult to figure out what exactly is going on with so many different foods factored in.
Trust me...I REALLY wish I could get him on a normal feeding plan. He's been eating Weruva for about 3 weeks & then decided that he didn't like it anymore this week. He sniffed it & just walked away for almost 2 days! My vet told me to give him NutriCal when he does this.

I bought some samples yesterday (Vital, Stella, Nature's Variety Raw Bites - Duck) & put out a few bites to see if he'd eat any of it. He took to the Vital & Stella's. I tried mixing a teaspoon of the Vital in his Weruva...but he just picked out the Vital.

I've really been trying to stick to one food. But it really scares me when he doesn't eat for 2 days!!!! He's only 6 pounds & I worry that he's going to get sick If he refuses to eat his food for 2 days...should I try to stick with the same food that he's been refusing? How long should I wait to see if he'll eat again?

This eating thing has been really difficult - and expensive. What am I doing wrong?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!