View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #3
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliegirl1 View Post
So as you guys know, my little Ellie has a liver shunt. I've been debating for a while rather to get the surgery or not, she is on a special diet now and I give her medicine multiple times a day but my vet insists that if I don't do the surgery then she will slowly die because she is so small. She is 8 months and weights 2.5lbs. I am a single young girl with not a lot in the bank, I've been trying to build a savings for myself but with this $3,350 surgery or more I will have almost nothing left! And my worst fear is something goes wrong with the surgery, with all my money on the line is this surgery very dependable??!?? HELP!!! Very hard time
I'm so sorry to hear this. AS you know there are multiple threads on here for LS surgery. It is my understanding that yes if done by a qualified surgeon there is a high success rate, particularly if there are not other underlying conditions.

The University of Tennesse and Dr Tobias is the leading expert in the field. Her office will respond to email inquiries, and are dedicated to helping owners with pets with this disease.

Finally have you looked at the "stickey" on here that is entitled help for vet care?

Also look at your contract of sale to see if you can go back to the breeder for assistance with this genetic disorder? Are there puppy lemon laws in your state? If so what do they state?

I can only tell you that as an owner of a Yorkie, if I had this diagnosis for my dog, I'd beg, borrow, steal if I had to, to get myself to Dr Tobias to do this surgery. I do know of another Torontonian who did go do for the surgery, and was very very happy with the quality of care and expertise there.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!