View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 06:17 AM   #5
BlueBelle
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayleen22 View Post
for those of you who don't know about Dee's surgery:
http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/sic...a-surgery.html

Took her see the surgeon today after noticing her favoring one of her legs. Turns out she will need surgery to correct her left leg (the one she wasn't bearing much weight on). The right one looks like it's healing well at this point. The ligament in the left had stretched too much and needs to be corrected. He said he won't know the extend of damage until he actually gets in there.
To have to go through this all again kills me. The only good thing is it's not both of her legs.
I can only blame myself for this. I thought i was confining her well enough but it's true when they say it only takes one 'oops' to reverse it all. I firmly believe that's what happened. I would hate to put the blame on the surgeon. Maybe i could have found a better surgeon but if i can't follow the post-op directions to a T then it doesn't matter if i had the best surgeon in the country..they can only do so much.
I would tell anyone reading this who is going through LP or ACL post-op..take all precautions and then some. Don't let your dog out of your sight for a second.
I will update after her surgery. If anyone has gone through the surgery a second time..please let me know.
Don't beat yourself up. We ALL make mistakes and learn things the hardway in hindsight. Life is a learning experience.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!