View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 04:34 AM   #6
Yorkieville200
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Blessing
Here it is after one o'clock in the morning, just couldn't go to sleep knowing that Baby Blessing hardly ate today. Stumbled into the kitchen half asleep, heated up a bit of the nutro lamb and rice wet and put a tad bit of cheddar cheese through out it and placed it on a paper towel instead of a dish and she ate it, oh so thankful. I know I will be able to sleep better now. We have gotten very attatched to her and after loosing Cassie I guess I am edgy with what we are all of a sudden this past week going through now with Baby in not wanting to eat. Upon getting into the frig, one of the door shelves went tumbling down and the lowered ones followed, but she ate so that was all worth it in cleaning up. The tiny bits of cheese is what inticed her to eat the wet but the dry she just don't want any part of now. In desperation I have rubbed the cheddar cheese over the kibbles filling in the little round holes, but I don't want that to be a habit either. These little yorkies are so smart and I think they can read our minds, I just hope she can read mine now in saying " Baby let's go back to sleep." I sure could use some suggestions on dry feeding cause it is a real problem, have tried putting a bit of warmed non fat milk with it but that didn't work. I appreciate this site and any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks again for your help.
Just a thought, but maybe Baby Blessing is teething? It is uncomfortable for them to pick up their food when they are teething. You might try an extra tiny kibble, such as Artemis Small Breed. One of girls needs a tiny-tiny kibble, and on top of that, she's a fussy eater, so the Artemis solved both problems.

I feel bad for you, worrying over her. I know the feeling.

If you want to feed canned, Nature's Variety Prairie makes an excellent canned food, all meat, no grains, and my girls just scarf it up! Merrick also makes an excellent canned, but a little too much water for my girls.
Sheila
Yorkieville200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!